.preview.

Alone
by: Edgar Allan Poe

From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.

From the same source I have not taken
My sorrow; I could not awaken
My heart to joy at the same tone;
And all I loved, I loved alone.

Then- in my childhood, in the dawn
Of a most stormy life- was drawn
From every depth of good and ill
The mystery which binds me still:

From the torrent, or the fountain,
From the red cliff of the mountain,
From the sun that round me rolled
In its autumn tint of gold,

From the lightning in the sky
As it passed me flying by,
From the thunder and the storm,
And the cloud that took the form
(When the rest of Heaven was blue)
Of a demon in my view.

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Day 2

today was funny... day 2 started with me waking up last in the living room with people staring at me, eating their breakfast... i love it here though coz its cosy and kinda cold, so i'm not missing the aircon that much... hehehe... wishful thinking would concur with me when I say, "tugnawa diri ui"... but its all good... tolerable enough to walk through hollywood boulevard... i'll haver a precedent album to follow this blog, and then some... I'll have albums and blogs from day 2 - day 30 which includes the post-vcation pics in puhon Davao Shitty... amazing facts?! Hispanics and less friendlier than blacks... gay guys are more discreet than the Filipino bakla... Best Buy has the Best Prods... hahaha! coz they have the nintendo ds play thing and the wii... whatever... i just need a Dell laptop with wireless connectivity and Zen Creative Vision M (preferably 60gb but 30 will be just fine)... hahaha! thats all... lol... anyways, the people here are crazy... like what I said, Hispanics are less friendlier than Blacks coz i was mistaken for a Mexican twice today... so where does the whole "less friendlier" part fall into the picture?! well.. if the person makes the whole mistaken identity (or in this case race) bit, initially, people would say sorry or give you back a smile... The funniest among the two was when this waitress at Rodeo Mexican Grill was fixing something in the men's restroom, she spoke to me in straight and deep Spanish supposedly saying "wait a minute".. I could understand Spanish like the average (even the satisfactory kind) Biracial but when its broken down to bits of words, so I said "I'm not Mexican! I can only speak English".. So she has this whole Mexican attitude saying "could you wait outside for a minute?" with a subtle yet demanding tone... so there... the other one was just speaking to me in fluent Spanish which again was a case of mistaken-races or cultures... so there... she was just asking where the way out of the Chinese Theatre was... so I asked if she could translate it to English, which she did... So i did the noble thing, I poited the sign with the word EXIT, NO DUH.... hahaha! so there were no thank you's what so ever... It begs the question, Do I look Mexican?!

No comments: